Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Is it Friday yet?

Hey there everyone,

Is it just me, or does this week feel like there have already been 25 days in it? Maybe it's because the weather is getting nicer, and going to work feels like more of a chore?  Maybe it's because Kurt has been away on business the last two nights, and the cats are terrible?  Maybe I'm just getting old and curmudgeonly?  It's probably a combination of all of the above.


Even with Kurt gone, I surprisingly haven't gotten a ton done.  Really, I've just been doing the boring home maintenance things, like cleaning the bathroom, and trying to catch up on laundry.  As a side note--how can only two of us make so much laundry?!

This weekend, we finished up the new flowerbeds out front.  They're empty, but looking good!!



I can't believe that we used 50 bags of top soil, and we're still going to need a few more!  But, it's totally worth it, and makes a HUGE difference in the look of the front of the house.

This weekend we also ripped up the carpet from the front porch.  (What can I say?  I really love ripping up carpet apparently).  I didn't take any pictures of that process, because honestly, it was so disgusting.  Don't get me wrong, since it's outside, I didn't expect it to be clean, but dang, it was nasty.  Once I get the porch into slightly better shape I'll update with some photos.  :)

I think our only other house news is that we went to Lowes, and potentially picked out a new front door! I'm still waiting for someone to come out and measure, to see what size we need to order, but we're pretty excited about that! The front of the house is going to look infinitely better than when we moved in!  :D


Last week Kurt's wonderful mother got us a grill as an early wedding present.  Kurt has been working on perfecting cooking ribs!




  I think he's getting pretty darn good!  Also, in case you're wondering, we have been eating ribs off of Christmas cookie trays.  They're the only thing big enough for all those ribs, plus sides.  #noshame



This weekend Kurt's family is coming to the house to visit for the first time, and we have engagement photos scheduled for Saturday evening!  I guess that means I really do have to keep tidying up the house over the next few days...I should work on that.


K



When we were in Chicago, I picked up an Al Scorch album.  This guy can play the banjo like nobody's business!   He's a little dark, but I kinda like that.  Like, a punk rock banjo album.

Al Scorch - I love you cause you're perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment