Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Birthday Weekend to Me!

Well everyone, I've made it around the sun one more time!  It seems like a lot of years, my birthday has come and gone, but not much has changed.  This year has definitely been the exception!!

Here are the highlights from the last year:


  • Bought a house
  • Met Kurt
  • Did a bunch of work on the hosue
  • Went to Niagara Falls
  • Went to Denver
  • Burnt the house down
  • Went to the Grand Canyon
  • Dealt with a remodel
  • Did a toooooon more work on the house
  • Moved back and forth from the apartment
  • Got engaged
  • Yard work, yard work, yardwork
  • More housework 
  • Planned a wedding (YAY!)

Even just taking a quick inventory of the year's events really reminds me how incredibly lucky I am, in so so many ways!  Sure, there were times that things felt pretty crappy, but looking back, through it all, I knew that everything would work out for the best.  

This weekend was yet another in a long list of fantastic weekends that Kurt has planned for us!   For my birthday, Kurt got us VIP tickets to see The Zombies in Chicago!  In case I haven't mentioned lately: he's wonderful.  


We had AWESOME seats, and got to go into the show early.  Plus, we got some sweet autographed coffee table books, posters, and other fabulous prizes! 

We also got to send to spend some time shopping, hitting a few record stores, and eating tasty deep dish pizza!  


Saturday, we headed over to Navy Pier, to see the new Rolling Stones exhibit--Exhibitionism.  I'll admit that historically, we're not the biggest Stones fans (though we did see the biggest fans there, dressed in their head to toe garb). but it was a really awesome exhibit!  There's no denying the huge impact that the band has had on the entire music industry! It was really interesting to see their history chronicled. It's really kind of crazy to see their full body of work, all spread out in front of you.  Afterwards, Kurt and I both agreed that we should probably make more of an effort to get to know the Stones, and maybe even try to make it to one of their shows.  Can you believe those guys are in their 70's and 80's and are still doing world tours?! Heck, I'm only 28, and I'm not sure I could make it through a world tour! 




Finally, yesterday we headed down to Aunt Nancy and Uncle Jim's to celebrate family Easter.  

We got to hang out with the fam, play some cards, eat way too much food, and had a really good time!  Oh!  And Kurt held a baby for the first time!  It was a super exciting weekend all around!  :D


I know that the last year was a really great one, and I can't wait to see what the coming year will bring for all of us! 

K

No comments:

Post a Comment