Monday, February 6, 2017

Laundry Room Catch Up!

Two updates in one day?!  This never happens!  But it was a big week at our house!

This week, Kurt surprised me by finishing up mitering the trim pieces for our jumbo laundry room peg board.

Here's a quick recap of that whole process....

First of all, I may have been a little....overly confident about what would fit in the Fit.  And poor Kurt had to come out to Lowes at 9pm to help me tie the piece of pegboard to my car.  Oops.  At least it wasn't snowing too hard, yet?

The big piece is 4 feet by 6 feet.  Scotch was very curious about it. 

We decided to hang it vertically in an attempt to hide some of the places where the plaster looked really lumpy and weird.
We just used a pair of firr-ing strips, and a dozen drywall screws.  It felt surprisingly sturdy!  I think that I could have hung off of one of the strips, and it would've been safe, well, minus my poor grip strength. 


And here's the final product!  Kurt ordered three different sets of pegboard accessories.  I spent literally hours trying to decide how to make everything fit.  I couldn't believe how much stuff we were able to fit on here! By the time it was all loaded up, I'd pretty much emptied the bar full of tools, and the Ikea shelf that we bought a few months ago.

As an added benefit, the last three times I wanted a tape measure--I knew exactly where it was!  This was one of those projects that was cheap, easy, and made a HUGE impact.  I'm already thinking about where else in the house I can hang another pegboard.  I'm thinking closet storage for jewelry, bras, and planning outfits for the week?  The possibilities are endless!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment