Monday, August 1, 2016

That will be 8 check marks please!

Holy. Hell.  This was quite possibly the longest weekend in recent memory.  Don't get me wrong, it's not an entirely bad thing, but I am exceptionally glad that this weekend's events are over.  So, I hope you're ready, because big things have been happening!


It may be commonplace to show the "after" pictures first, but you know how contrary I can be.  You'll just have to bear with me.


Ooooh yeah, all the way back!  Brown paint, blue carpet, poorly painted and chipping white trim.

 Ripping up the carpet helped, and stripping all that woodwork made a huge difference!
 Goodbye red paint!
 Tearing up this last bit of blue carpet was soooo satisfying.  I can't even begin to tell you.  Such a dirty job shouldn't be so satisfying.



Getting everything sanded was a filthy chore. 

 



 It'll be worth it.....when you see how it looks now...


I'm a big fan of this stain.  Varathane in dark walnut.  I had to stop half way to go buy another gallon from Menards.  Oops.  At least it's rebate time again!


Here it is in progress....


And here it is with two coats of stain, two coats of poly, fully cured, and ready to walk on!  Plus the cat.


This is better right?  Right.  Remember when we started this, and I kept telling everyone to try to see the potential.  Well here it is.  Potential fully recognized, and looking great, if I do say so myself!








You know I can never resist a before and after picture of people.  People change as much as houses during the remodeling process!  This weekend was really hard, but now I know that I can do it.

I am exhausted, and it's probably because in between coats of stain and poly for almost 1200 square I went to the grocery store, Menards (twice), mowed the lawn, and weed whacked.  Woof.  No wonder I feel like I could use a nap!  But, the good news is, by completing these tasks, that crosses eight - EIGHT things off of the list.  We'll get there guys!  Maybe, if we're lucky, it won't even take five years to straighten out this cluster!

K


Alabama Shakes - I ain't the Same

No comments:

Post a Comment