Thursday, August 25, 2016

Colorado Catch Up!

Hey Everybody,


Wow, it's been like a month since I've written a blog post. I am really not a great blogger! It's not like things haven't been happening. It's more that, things have been happening, and I've just been trying to experience them, and not get too focused on trying to photograph every stage of it.  Don't worry though, I've taken plenty of pictures of all of the excitement, and they'll be coming.

But for now--VACATION.  Let me tell you, I needed this break, and it was totally awesome.

So last weekend, Kurt and I headed out to beautiful Denver, Colorado for vacation!  It was really just  a long weekend trip (Saturday through Tuesday), but it was great.  Before this trip I'd never been west of St. Louis, so this was like, half way across the country to me! Luckily for Kurt, there was less screeching about how far west we were than there was when we were in Canada, and I'd never been that far north.  Poor guy.  How does he put up with me?!

Anyway, we headed out there to see a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater to see Old Crow Medicine Show in concert, hit a bunch of new record stores, hike, see the mountains, and just hangout.  Well, the concert was AMAZING, we had stellar luck at the records stores, and we even got to see a snow storm in the mountains!   I'm just a mid-western girl--these things are super fascinating to me!






















We crossed off a lot of firsts on this trip! When I think about it, it's kind of funny (funny hmm not funny haha) how something can feel so familiar and so new at the same time.  This trip included firsts such as: our first plane ride together, our first out west, first concert where we got to stand next to each other, the first time Kurt saw me hungry cry, and the highest elevation that either of us had ever been to!  It was my furthest trip west, and the first time Kurt has ever had dessert at the Cheesecake Factory.  Whew!  Talk about an adventure!  

You know how it is after vacation, getting back into the swing of things can be a daunting task.  It's hard to believe that we've only been home a week!  It feels like so much has happens--and I guess it has. I know that I owe you guys an update, but I'm just not quite ready yet.  One is coming, but probably not today. If you've met me, you know how I am.


K


Old Crow Medicine Show - Humdinger

Old Crow Medicine Show - Take 'Em Away

No comments:

Post a Comment