Tuesday, November 1, 2016

October Wrap-Up

Oh Gosh, how can October be over already?!  It seems like only yesterday it was April...


In October we really got to do a lot of fun things!  I will (begrudgingly) admit that it was kind of nice to not really have to worry about making progress on the house.  I think that Kurt was more excited than anything that for a while I stopped questing for check-marks on his to-do list...but he's the one who made the list...I'm just sayin....but anyway, here's some of what we did on October!

Stacey and I spent most of a Saturday baking, making spooky, treats, and listening to records.  It's pretty clear that she not only gets me, but appreciates my (occasionally odd if not off-putting) sense of humor.  I'm sorry in advance for the photos I'm about to post...








After this feast was ready to go, all the boys joined in, and we watched some scary movies!  None of us even peed our pants--which I consider a huge success! 

We also went and watched Halloween (the original in the theater in FW on Saturday).  Kurt and I have been uncharacteristically social this month!!  



This past weekend, Kurt and I had a double date with some of his friends from work.  We had Mexican for dinner, and then ventured to Soul Taker's Acres....


Since this is the after picture, you can see that we survived!  And with only a little bit of screaming on my part.  But my night vision is terrible!  Kurt had to lead the way through the really dark parts. Overall it was a really fun night!  Meeting new people is always stressful for me, but I should've known that I'd like Kurt's people.  He seems to have good taste in people.  ;)   


As for the house...they've made some spotty progress.  Writing about all the events that have transpired would probably just send my blood pressure through the roof, and me to the parking lot...so I'll spare us all having to deal with that.  

They're (allegedly) fixing the roof this week, and we painted the kitchen over the weekend!  
When this is all done, I think we're going to have a really decent house!  :) 



Here's a quick before and after of the kitchen...it's not done, but it's feeling SO MUCH better in person!  




The yellow wasn't terrible, but that red/brown color...it was terrible.  This pale blue/aqua is just so much more, us.  




You can see that the kitchen paint color is pretty similar to the long-room paint color.  At least we're consistent?  Now we just need to pick out flooring, a back splash, cabinet pulls, and stain all of the cabinets, and then this room is done! It'll be quick work! ( though I can suddenly see why Kurt gets annoyed with me lol).  Everything will work out.  And really, we still have at least a month, probably two before we can move back into the house.  So, there really is time!  

Sorry for the long post!  Apparently I had more pictures and updates than I though!  :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment