Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Checking in!

Hi All,


So, it's been a woefully long time since I've posted any updates.  And not that it's a great excuse or anything, but there just really haven't been any updates.  They have made literally zero progress on the house....Okay Okay, they cleaned most of the goop, gunk, and grime up off of the floors, but that's really it!

The asbestos remediation should be starting today...but if this process goes anything like the rest of it has, they'll be here Friday....to tell me they're starting next Wednesday.  I don't want to sound ungrateful, but my current mood is: Confidence-waning.

The house will be done when the house is done.  I'm trying not to focus on the fact that soon I'll have lived in this apartment as long as I lived in the house.  I've been reading a ton to occupy my time, but I'm feeling like it's almost time to get back to work at the house.

In other, more fabulous news, here are some pictures from our last vacation!

We packed up our bags, and headed out west!  We visited the Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest National Park, Winslow AZ, Sedona, and Jerome.  Oh and Phoenix, we also spent a few days in Phoenix.















Being out west, it felt like we were driving through a postcard ever where we went!  It was so beautiful!  The weather was very nearly perfect every day we were there too.  Phoenix was almost too hot to be enjoyable, but when we were north of Phoenix for the beginning of the week, talk about perfect! I've never spent a lot of time traveling before this year, and looking back, I've really missed out.  But then again, I love being able to see things for the first time with Kurt.  He's always so patient with me, and lets me explore whatever I want to explore.  He makes sure that I'm caffeinated, hydrated, and reapplying sunscreen at appropriate intervals.  He humors me with countless selfies, lets me eat candy till I'm ready to be sick, and never complains that I like to have snacks in bed.  To put it simply, he's damn near perfect.  I'm thankful for all of the things we've gotten to do together, and all of the adventures that are yet to come!

Getting to head out west was a dream come true for me, and I couldn't imagine a better trip than we had.  Now that we're back to reality, and getting back into the swing of things, I'm starting to think about redoing the kitchen at the house.  It didn't have any damage from the fire, and I think that now is probably the best time to do all of the upgrades that it needs.  There's no better time to destroy a kitchen then when you don't actually need it, right?  That's what I'm hoping for at least!  :)


K

No comments:

Post a Comment