Tuesday, April 24, 2018

So We Moved....Like, a Year Ago


 
Well hello!  It's been a shamefully long time since I've written a post. It's bad--and I feel bad!  But I'm back!  And hopefully, I can get back into the swing of things as we ramp up work at the new house!


So, this cluster has gone country!! 


Kurt and I had been talking for a while about how nice it would be to find a house with a little bit of land, on the outskirts of town, when I happened to see a listing with what I considered to be a killer bathroom....



I mean, come on, right?!  Who could possibly see this bathroom, and not want to see it in person?! 

It all happened so fast.  The email came in late Tuesday night.  Within ten minutes, we had a viewing scheduled the next afternoon.  Wednesday afternoon we put in our offer, and Thursday morning, we got a text from the realtor saying it was ours.  (Needless to say, this was infinitely easier than the last house I bought!) 

We closed right before Christmas, and spent out holiday break painting, and starting to move nonessential stuff over to the new house.  There wasn't a terrible amount of work to do to the inside of the house.  The kitchen was recently updated, the living room was already lovely (barring one green wall.  I just don't go in for green.)  We painted the master bedroom, and bathroom too.  Really it was just paint, paint, and more paint! 



Alright, enough talking!  On to what you really want to see!  Photos! These are all listing photos, but as I get back into the swing of things, I'll post more current photos too!  There are three more bedrooms upstairs that I don't have any pictures of.  You know me--I don't do a great job of remembering to take photos as I go...

Outside of the house.  Who's pumped for a garage?!

Kitchen from the dining area.  Does this floor look familiar? 

Living room with that green wall. 

We LOVE having this wood burning stove!  

Master bedroom.  You can see why we painted.
At the last house we hated red, and apparently at this house, we hate green. 

View from the hot tub room.  Surprisingly lovely view! 

Bathroom - One Full downstairs, one half upstairs

Loads of storage--even if we're not making the most of it yet! 

Ladybird is a big fan of the wood stove! 
Nice sunset view of the backyard!




And finally, we added a new fur baby to the family!  This is Peanut!  She's a beagle mix, and she's well on her way to being best friends with Ladybird--well, as long as they can share the heating pad! 



Snuggle pups!!  



So, that's what's been happening at the Scott house!  Since it seems like maybe Spring has finally sprung, we're starting to shift our attention to outside!  

With any luck, I'll post some photos of our outdoor progress tomorrow!  






With any luck, I'll see you again soon! :D

K





No comments:

Post a Comment